Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Remembering Doug


I've never blogged before but I thought in the spirit of Doug's never-ending passion for trying new things I'd start now. This site is intended for Doug's friends, family, partners, patients, and all those near and dear to Doug to share their favorite memories/stories and reflections.

One of the things I intend to do with this blog is to document my efforts to follow through on some of the life lessons that Doug shared with me. At the memorial service, so many people talked about his fearlessness, spirit of adventure, dedication, compassion, humor, presence of mind. I invite you to join me in remembering Doug by sharing your own stories and memories.

3 comments:

  1. I CANT HELP BUT THINKING IN A PERFECT WORLD WE ALL WOULD BE IN INDY CELEBRATING ANOTHER JAYHAWK NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WITH DOUG. ITS NOT A PERFECT WORLD BUT HE WAS A PRETTY PERFECT BROTHER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I are hitting the course this afternoon. I will try to remember all of Doug's golf tips......it won't be easy without him being there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight, we enjoyed Doug's tomatoes from his special tomato plant (still delicious after teh 16 hr drive from AZ). Each slice with fresh mozzarella and basil drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Doug would've smiled at the presentation. He found pleasure in the little things like growing his tomato plant. The gift he gave me - don't miss the little things when sweating the big stuff. DSI "Don't Sweat It". Really miss him.

    ReplyDelete